I am here in England - arrived yesterday morning after a very quick and easy flight. The journey to and from the airport either side was slightly more eventful.Lucy puked in the car on the way to Philadelphia, in Joe's brand new car where we had no change of clothes, no wipes, no tissues or anything of any kind to clean her up. We found an office block that was thankfully still open and begged the porter to let us in to use the bathrooms. She was horrified when I rushed in with a sick-covered 2-year old but I ran past before she could change her mind. Got Lucy cleaned up - she was so fab about it and had sat in the car for 30 minutes rigid and still with her hands clenched so as not to get any of the mess anywhere (it took us that long to find anywhere to stop!). Needless to say, saying goodbye was a minor event after that drama, so we all got away with no tears, and I rejected the offer of pasta in cheese sauce on the plane.
I waited a while for Mum to pick me up at Heathrow, and when I called her to find out where she was, I found out she had broken down on the motorway on her way to the airport with two flat tyres! So my brother Rob and nephew Harry came instead. That was really nice as it gave us some time to catch up, one on one, on the journey home.
I didn't really sleep on the plane so the afternoon was a bit of a blur of cups of tea and a quick outing to the shops to begin my retail therapy - why wait? I bought some more vests for Lucy (classic white ones like I had as a girl) and some new leggings for me. Leggings are so in here and I knew I would have a decent choice. I found some which look like extra skinny jeans but have some stretch in them which are perfect to tuck into boots. I am determined that I will still fit into them at the end of this week after all the food.
Which leads me to say that I cajoled Mum into a fish n chip supper which we picked up on the way home from my favourite chip shop on Featherbed Lane (nice street name huh?). A photo of them is shown above for those readers who are interested to know what real fish n chips look like. The picture below is of me after eating them.
Today we had a lovely family day with Rob, Joe and Harry and a friend of Mum's. Mum cooked a yummy Sunday roast followed by bread and butter pudding. More home favourites ticked off the list :) Lucy and Joe are having a ball at home and all is well there which makes me feel very happy. More news of my adventures to follow in due course...


No comments:
Post a Comment