I sent a letter to 6 friends asking them to join the chain, and they in turn sent theirs to friends. Those friends are the ones sending Lucy the books. They've made some great choices...
A favourite is 'Birdie's Big-Girl Shoes', about a little girl called Birdie who wants to wear shoes from her Mummy's high heel shoe collection. It's illustrated really uniquely and has some good humour in it. A perfect choice for a little girl who loves dressing up!
Another book is about three animal friends, 'Ted, Bo and Diz' who have an adventure at the beach, and find an iceberg has drifted into their sunny clime, inhabited by a polar bear family and a baby seal. Again some lovely illustrations.
The third is a potty training book about a princess who learns to use the loo. It includes a cut-out card crown which Lucy LOVES. She has been wearing it for a few days now, and yesterday favoured it over a woolly hat when we went on a walk into town. We got lots of looks from admirers I can tell you!
It's a great little activity and we are excited when the post comes each day, to see if another one has arrived. I really didn't expect to get any, but it has son far been great. It was nice to hear at playgroup this morning that some of my friends who I included have also received books for their little ones.
Lucy has also taken to drinking the odd cup of tea with me in the afternoon. I make it half hot water, half milk and she loves it. Now we can have real tea parties!! Here she is taking a big gulp.

No comments:
Post a Comment