Thursday, June 04, 2009

Monet in the making

This afternoon is rainy and we are eagerly awaiting the arrival of Joe's parents this evening, so Lucy and I have been whiling away the time doing some painting. Mum bought Lucy some water pots and brushes when she was here, so we tried them out and had a great time.

Lucy surprised me by naming two of the three colours she had on her palette - orange and purple. I taught her green so we'll see if that sticks! It seems with some words that she learns them and then stores them up for a few weeks before saying them again.

I couldn't resist joining in and doing some painting myself. Still as frustrated as when I was a child trying to paint within the lines despite the brush being too chubby and getting the wrong colour in the wrong bit of the drawing! :)

1 comment:

  1. Charlie, Love reading your blog! Lucy is adorable. Have a great time with the in-laws this month. It looks like you are taking full advantage of the warmer weather having ventured to the Jersey Shore already X2?! :).
    Have a great weekend!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete