Lucy and I are having a lovely time, finding plenty to do while Joe parties in Whistler with Markie and some uni friends. I won't mention the big birthday that many of them are celebrating.I much prefer life when Joe is here to share it with, so I often get nervous about him going away, knowing that I will be on my own and have sole responsibility for Lucy and the house. But considering I am out of practice because of Joe's lack of travelling, I am doing rather well so far.
Lucy thankfully got over her tummy bug the day before he left, so we were back in action and were able to leave the house for some activities. There's nothing like being stuck in the house for several days with no human contact other than that with one baby and a reflection in a mirror to make me go completely crazy!
We've been to Lucy's music class which started again for the new term. Lucy was a little reticent at first but got into it by the time the egg shakers and the bubbles came out. She recognises the music now (this being her third term) and jigs up and down to it. Her teacher Samantha has a wonderful singing voice and she sings throughout the class, uses a guitar sometimes and has plenty of percussion pieces for the kids to mess about with. The photo above is of Lucy at the class on her birthday.
Because of Lucy's sickness, she's had some mammoth naps this week....the record being 4 hours one afternoon! That was a special treat for me to have such a chunk of time in the daytime to get calls made, jobs done and some relaxation with a cup of tea time. I am actually on the December issue of my magazines now...catching up!
Yesterday we went to the Y to swim. Lucy was fascinated with the other kids as usual and disappointed that the fountains weren't working. I think they turn them off when classes are being held. Having watched the toddler swim class while we were there, I think we'll register her for the spring course and perhaps Daddy can take her along. She would love it!
It was bitterly cold yesterday. Not the kind of pansy cold in England, but REALLY cold Pennsylvania weather. The temperature in my car read 20 degrees at one point (during the day!) and the wind was biting, the air dry and cutting. So our shopping trip to meet up with Jen and Max in the late afternoon was basically running from one store to another then hanging out in Barnes and Noble at the train table to stay cosy. I have invested in some really gooey cream for Lucy's face as the cold gives her such dry cheeks. And thank goodness for my extortionate pushchair which enables me to keep her facing me, and out of the full force of the wind.
I have enjoyed some cosy evenings to myself since Joe left....catching up on emails, HGTV junk (a whole channel devoted to Changing Rooms type shows) and some quality 'me' time. I've had some great night's of sleep - being able to spread out on the bed and not bother about the person next to you is nothing short of liberating isn't it?
This weekend we have some errands to run and a get together with friends on Sunday. Samantha is running a drop-in music class in Saturdays now so we may end up there again. My only worry is that so many people are getting this tummy bug that I think I would hurt anyone who gave it back to us again ;-)
Have a good weekend all!

No comments:
Post a Comment