Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Wet July

We are having a very wet summer so far. Planning trips and days out is tricky as we never know if we're going to have enough dry weather, let alone whether we will be able to get through flooded roads and car parks!

Only another 10 days of school left before the school holidays so I am busy completing the big tidy up following all the work we have done, before Lucy is at home full time. We are really pleased with all the work we have had done. We still have the kitchen cabinets to paint and woodwork in the conservatory, but it is feeling a lot more orderly and dust-free than it has as the major work is complete.

I have got a little job at a neih=ghbour's garden, helping her renovate what was a beautiful walled garden but has been left to be taken over by weeds for the past 3 years. I would like to spend more time looking after other people's gardens so am planning to do an RHS horticulture course from September in order to get more experience and knowledge. It would be nice if the rain would go away and enable me to get out and do some gardening now though!

Lucy is excited about our upcoming holidays and about starting school in September. Her uniform is on order and I have planned lots of playdates over the summer with her school friends so that she keeps up with them all over the long break (7 weeks!). She is growing in confidence daily - socially and physically - I think being in a consistent group of friends and having been to such a nurturing poreschool has really helped to bring this on.

I found these photos of her at a friend's party from a few weeks ago. It was at KidsPlay in Kettering which is a huge indoor activity centre. They had a great time on the dodgems and climbing all over things. 

Lucy on the dodgems - she got the hang of it quickly!
 Lucy's friend Lauren
All the birthday party children - most of her Reception class for September 
Lucy insisted on wearing her Easter bunny ears the whole time...perfect for keeping an eye on her from a distance!

No comments:

Post a Comment