Haley is nearly 4 and Matthew is just over 2, and they are really lovely children. We haven't seen them for a while so it was lovely to catch up and see how the children had grown up in six months. They got along really well together and Lucy had a ball playing with all of the toys. Haley is into Disney too, so Lucy fell for a Sleeping Beauty doll and horse, and a Simba (of Lion King fame) soft toy and carried them around with her for most of the morning!
They all dressed up at one point which was very sweet - Haley as Cinderella, Lucy as Minnie Mouse and Matthew as a fireman...
The morning wasn't too hot so we had some play time outside with another collection of great toys including a fabulous 'mud pie table' which had a working tap and sink and a mud mixer, like a mini kitchen. My brother and I would have LOVED this when we were kids...we were often found making mud pies :)
This morning we headed over to Lucy's good friend Graham's house and had a really nice time playing with his cars, then in his garden with another great collection of toys. Lila and I had a chance to catch up while the kids were busy....Graham doing Playdoh on the patio and Lucy stalking around the lawn doing a private poo! Very funny. Lila had set up a little pool at the bottom of a mini slide which they both had great fun playing with and getting wet. I was glad of the cool shade in their very pretty garden which is lovely and private.
I forgot to take photos of the kids together which is a shame, but will get some next time. We are meeting them at Longwood on Friday so I'll remember to do it then. Both Graham and Lucy have grown a lot since I last photographed them together. And Graham is almost potty trained and doing a great job of it too...they're growing up so fast I remember clearly when I first met Lila at a playgroup meeting and the babies were only 5 and 6 months old. Awwww!
Here's some photos of Lucy in her fairy costume instead...
Lucy loves this tiara and veil which I wore for my hen/bachelorette!

No comments:
Post a Comment